Common Misconceptions in Business Valuations (Valuation Expert Houston and St. Louis) https://www.valuationpodcast.com (314) 541-8163
Hi Welcome to ValuationPodcast.com – A podcast and video series about all things related to business and valuation. My name is Melissa Gragg, and I provide online valuation services for mediation and litigation, based in St. Louis, Missouri.
Today we will be discussing A Buyer’s Perspective: Risk Factors in Business Valuations
with Al Danto. Al has over 30 years of experience with startup and entrepreneurial companies as well as expertise in the acquisition, valuation and divestiture of business interests.
He has served as lead representative on a wide range of business acquisitions and valuation engagements. He has proven experience working with lenders, private equity groups and individual purchasers. Al has also served on a variety of boards, including the alumni board of the Jones Graduate School of Business at Rice University and the Entrepreneurs Organization. He is a member of NACVA (National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts).
1. Tell us a little about your background and how you got started?
2. You have written a lot about the “risk’ component both real and perceived in a valuation. Can you discuss that?
3. Can you talk a little more about the concept of Risk Aversion?
4. What are some common misconceptions that you see with business owners in the marketplace when it comes to business valuation?
5. You told me that you cringe when you hear the term “average valuation multiple” Why is that?
6. Tell us a little about your current mission of helping business owners prepare for an exit and increase the value of their company.
7. What goes into this process?
8. Can you share some thoughts on how other valuation professionals could develop a strategy to add Exit Strategy or Valuation Enhancement services?
9. Tell us about your work at Rice University and the entrepreneurship program.
CVA, MAFF, CDFA
Expert testimony for financial and valuation issues
Bridge Valuation Partners, LLC
Cell: (314) 541-8163
832-680-0014; EXT 2
The post Common Misconceptions in Business Valuations (Valuation Expert Houston and St. Louis) appeared first on HumanitasConnects.