June 13, 2016
How to Protect Your Brand Online – Identity Theft
8 Ways to Protect Yourself Online
“When one’s personal information is stolen and used by an imposter to gain an advantage.”
- Don’t share your passwords and change your password often
- Avoid visiting fake sites, pornographic sites and be warned about Phishing sites.
- Don’t share any private information that you wouldn’t want remembered later.
- Always verify and buy from trusted and secure sites.
- Monitor your brand name online, Use tools like Google Alerts
- Don’t share your credit card details, SSN with anyone.
- Browse safely, clear your browser history/cache. Consider browsing using VPN or OpenDNS
- Check your privacy settings on all your social media pages to enable maximum security.
Bernard Kelvin Clive is a Personal Branding Coach/Brand Strategist at BKC Consulting, Lifestyle Entrepreneur, Amazon bestselling author with twenty published books. Ghana’s foremost authority on Personal branding and Digital Publishing who hosts the #1 ranked Business & Career Podcast in Ghana/Botswana. www.BKC.name